Thursday, August 13, 2020

Throwback Thursday: Better Summers

Today's Throwback Thursday doesn't go back that far: it's from only a year ago.

The summer of 2019 was much better. DW and I travelled to Montreal for weekend getaways. We also went to the Eastern Townships of Québec, to cycle between the small towns and marvel at the scenery, and enjoy the food and beverages that the small, family-run restaurants and breweries had to offer.

I also often found myself downtown, among the crowds, photographing the city.

One year ago, tomorrow, I sought a spot to capture the sound and light show of the international fireworks festival.

This year, there are no fireworks. Nothing to bring people together. I haven't been out to any festivals or other social outings.

This evening, I'm heading out to my first photography meetup with a model since January, since before we kept away from each other. There are only a couple of us attending this meetup: it's outdoors, and we'll all respect the two-metre distancing.

Because, next year, I hope the summer festivals will come back.

Here's to better summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment