Monday, August 24, 2015

Music Monday: Riptide

I'm on vacation.

And I have to be honest: before I wrote this blog post, my folks came to my house, and my father and I drained two-thirds of a bottle of a 16-year-old Lagavulin. Thanks to Ian Rankin, who personally told me to try this stuff.

So, yes, I'm writing this blog post under the influence. But that's okay: I'm on vacation.

On Saturday, as I was cleaning the house, I did what I tend to do when I'm working around the house: I streamed music from Google Play: when I stream music from this fabulous music service, I chose a theme.

The theme was, simply, On Vacation.

The first song to play on that playlist was by Vance Joy, entitled, "Riptide."

I had heard this song before, but never paid attention to it. Until then, when I started my chores and started moving to the music.

Further disclosure: I've been making a lot of typos, and have had to back up and start typing again. But I'm on vacation, and I'm taking it easy. And I've consumed a lot of single malt right up until I sat down and started banging out this post.

The song is catchy and I've played it a lot of times over the weekend. It's now on my smartphone and I expect to hear it, while I drive around town for the first few days of my vacation, before I head out to the Bruce Peninsula to join my family and relax on the shores of Lake Huron.

So, yay for me on a somewhat drunken start to my well-deserved vacation, and enjoy this Vance Joy tume.



Happy Monday!

How'd I do? Can you tell I was a little drunk through this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment