Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Next...

When you started reading The Brown Knowser, how did you find it?

Did you randomly surf the Internet for something to read or did you perform a Google search for a topic, and stumble upon my blog in the list of results? Did you start following me on Twitter or LinkedIn, and click my link to the daily post, or did you click the link in my bio?

Are you a Facebook friend who sees my blog in your feed?

I follow quite a few blogs. Some, I read because they're written by friends and have a feed or notification, such as Ottawa Rewind, Life in the hutch, and the beautiful musings of Miriam Lamey. Others, I've stumbled upon, such as The Bloggess, Sediment, and one of the oldest blogs that I follow (although, less so these days), The Sassy Curmudgeon.

How did I find these blogs? I searched the Blogs of Note section of Blogger and I clicked a link at the top of my own blog.

Which link? This one:


Clicking the Next Blog link is like spinning the Wheel of Fortune. Or like a box of chocolates. Or like engaging the Infinite Improbability Drive.

As I wrote this post, I clicked Next Blog and was taken to a blog called irrationale, then travelled to Footballtv, and then on to Everything Beautiful.

Sure, the majority of these random, next blogs, aren't to my interest, don't align with my beliefs, or are even in English, but every once and a while, I land on a blog where I will spend a few minutes, will read a post or two, or may even return to from time to time.

So, how about you? Will you go to the next blog? (If you do, don't forget to come back here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment