Friday, March 8, 2013

Photo Friday: Paved Paradise

Do you remember I wrote a story about growing up in Nepean and how I used to explore the field that separated my neighbourhood from the back of the K-Mart Plaza that used to run along Merivale Road, near Meadowlands? I used to roam that area with my good friend, Jeremy.

If you haven't read that post, you can go there from this link after you've finished with this post.

I was looking at some old slides, from 1988, and I came across a photo I shot in that area. By then, most of the trees had been felled, most of the field plowed. Some development was beginning.


These were the last of the trees from that era, planted behind the old fire station that was next to the McDonalds.

Today, they're all gone. This spot of land is now occupied by a Toys R Us. Gone is the field of my childhood.

*Sigh.*

Happy Friday, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment